RNANT/NU Expedited Registration
Employer Information: Expedited License
The following are the requirements for expedited registration as an RN or NP in the Northwest Territories and Nunavut in an emergency situation to ensure public safety.
A Certificate for Expedited Registration in an emergency is issued for a maximum of 90 days. It will expire on its expiration date or at the end of the emergency, whichever comes first.
There is no renewal of an Expedited Registration. Any nurse who intends to practice in the NT or NU post emergency must apply for initial registration as an RN or NP with the RNANT/NU.
The NT/NU employer will be required to supply the RNANT/NU with the names of nurses who will be applying for Expedited Registration with the Association.
Definition: Emergency – requiring expedited registration of nurses includes an active Territorial/Regional outbreak of an acute, life-threatening disease or a natural/man-made disaster requiring additional staff above the normal complement to contain and/or control the outbreak or the results of a disaster. May also be implemented with a Ministers Directive.
Please refer to Policy R4: Expedited Registration as a Registered Nurse (RN) or Nurse Practitioner (NP) in an emergency Situation. Click here.
- Payment Authorization Form
- RN/NP Expedited Application
- Government photo identification: A current copy of their Drivers License or Passport, scanned in color and emailed to RNANT/NU.
- Name Change Documents: Marriage or Divorce documents to be scanned and emailed to RNANT/NU email@example.com
- The applicant must provide Verification from all current and former jurisdictions that they have ever been registered with.
- Employer Reference: A verbal reference will done with their current or last employer.
- Information Sharing Consent Form
- English Equivalency Exam: Please note that applicants who have not worked in an English speaking/writing environment for the last two years, whose education was in French and wrote their exam in French will be required to complete this process. This exam is only available in southern locations and can take several weeks to be completed.
Points to remember
- This registration is valid for 90 days and cannot be renewed.
- If the employee chooses to remain in the NT/NU they will need to complete an RN Initial or Reinstatement.
- Employer Checklist can be found here.
Contact the office with any questions or concerns at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 867-873-2745.