Below are 3 examples of satisfactory Continuing Competence Plans (CCPs) that have been previously submitted to the RNANT/NU Registration Committee as part of the RNANT/NU annual CCP auditing process:
As these 3 CCPs illustrate, your yearly CCP does not have to be complicated. It is best to keep it simple, clear, and concise.
- Your learning goals/needs should be specific.
- What do you want to know more about?
- What do you feel you can improve upon in your current nursing practice?
- Your 2 Learning Activities per learning goal should clearly highlight what you have completed over the course of the year. They should be specific.
- What exactly did you do?
- When did you do it?
- Your Evidence of Evaluation should address your learning goal/need.
- Did you learn what you wanted to learn?
- If so, what do you feel you learned? How has what you learned changed, influenced or enhanced your nursing practice? Be specific and include details!
- If you were unable to complete the learning goal/need, why do you feel this is the case? What are your future plans for addressing the learning goal/need?
If you require additional support in completing your CCP please contact the Director of Regulatory Services and Policy to make an appointment at email@example.com or 867-873-2745. Appointments are available by phone or in-person.